Learn about the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills to be included in a WordPress developer job description.
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- PHP 2 with WordPress framework, MySQL, AWS, GIT, JIRA, Angular.
- Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good communication skills.
Role: Back End Developer
Industry Type: Software Product
Functional Area: Engineering – Software
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Role Category: Software Development